1. Sorbic Acid Description
2.Sorbic Acid Specfification
3.Sorbic Acid In Food
4.Sorbic Acid Dangers
5.What does Aorbic Acid do
6.Where does sorbic acid come from?
7.Sorbic Acid Nature and stability
8.The storage method
What Is Sorbic Acid
Sorbic acid is a food preservative that has an inhibitory effect on molds and fungi such as yeast.Other name Hexadienoic acid, sorrowan acid, refreshing tea acid.It is a harmless food additive to human body.Currently, it is mainly used in beverage, food, cosmetics, medicine and other industries
At present, the most successful synthesis route of sorbic acid is to use acetic acid pyrolysis to ethylene ketone, butamaldehyde and ethylene ketone polymerization to produce polyester, polyester acidolysis after crystallization to obtain sorbic acid.
Sorbic Acid Specfification
Molecular weight of sorbic acid
Chemical formula C6H8O2
molecular weight 112.13
CAS Registration No. 22500-92-1
Melting point 132 to 135 ℃
Boiling point 228 ℃
Solubility soluble in water (1:1000)
A.M FOODCHEM Sorbic Acid Product Data
|Appearance||White crystalline powder|
|Heat Stability||Not change in color after heating for 90 minutes at 105℃|
|Odor||Slight characteristic odor|
|Loss on drying||=<0.5%|
|Melting Range (℃)||132-135|
|Residue on Ignition||=<0.2%|
|Aldehydes (as Formaldehyde)||0.1% Max|
|Lead (Pb)||=<5.0 mg/kg|
|Arsenic (As)||=<2.0 mg/kg|
|Mercury (Hg)||=<1 mg/kg|
|Heavy Metals (as Pb)||=<10 mg/kg|
Sorbic Acid In Food
Sorbic Acid is widely used in dairy products, meat products, baked goods, noodles, all kinds of drinks, confectionery, condiments and so on.
Sorbic Acid Dangers
It is harmless to human body when used within a reasonable range, and is converted into water and carbon dioxide after decomposition by human body.However, the dosage should be within a reasonable range. Excessive intake may affect the function of the liver and kidney
What Does Sorbic Acid Do
Pharmaceutical manufacturing: health food, base materials, fillers, biological drugs, pharmaceutical raw materials, etc
Industrial products: oil industry, manufacturing, agricultural products, scientific and technological research and development, batteries, precision castings, etc
Other trades;It can be used as flavor and antifreeze moisturizer for tobacco instead of glycerin.
Daily chemical products: facial cleanser, beauty cream, lotion, shampoo, toothpaste, shower gel, mask, etc
Feed veterinary medicine: pet canned, animal feed, nutritional feed, aquatic feed, vitamin feed.
Where Does Sorbic Acid Come From
1. Ethylene ketone method This method is widely used in the international industrial production method.After high temperature pyrolysis, acetic acid produces ketone, and then condensing with crotonaldehyde to form polyester, and then hydrolyze and refine the finished product.
2. After high temperature pyrolysis, acetic acid produces ketone, which is condensed with crotonaldehyde to form polyester, and then hydrolyzed and refined to obtain the finished product.
Sorbic Acid Nature and stability
1. It does not decompose at room temperature and pressure to avoid contact with strong oxides.
2. This product has low toxicity.The LD50 of rats was 8000mg/kg.Equipment should be airtight, operators should wear masks and rubber gloves.
3. Exist in tobacco leaves and flue gas.
4. It is found in trace amounts in unripe sorbado juice.
The storage method
1. Store in a cool, ventilated warehouse.Keep away from fire and heat.Keep container sealed.Should be stored separately from oxidizing agent, avoid mixed storage by all means.Prohibit the use of mechanical equipment and tools that can easily produce sparks.The storage area should be equipped with leakage emergency treatment equipment and appropriate storage materials.
2. Packing in plastic bag and plastic lining, overcoat woven bag or paper bucket.Net weight 1 kg, 5 kg.Pay attention to moisture protection, sun protection, do not get in touch with other chemicals, according to the provisions of the first class chemicals stored and transported.
[wpforms id=”3804″ description=”true”]